Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Ahem, Weekends = Bumpy Road

Hey Everyone!

Sorry it has been awhile.  I had a busy weekend in Victoria last weekend. 

I went down for HSSH's mom's birthday and we had a blast.

Friday HSSH took me to dinner at the Olive Garden...now there is one dish that I get there - its called Grilled Chicken Spedinni (or something like that).  The whole dish is 8 points.  For several small chicken medalions, something they call Tuscan potatoes and a heaping helping so squash.  I can never eat it all and there is always more than half left...well...


The waiter comes over to take out order - I haven't even looked at the menu and I order the dish and he looks at me totally confused...I say it again...I open the menu so that I could point at it...and IT ISN'T THERE!  I tell HSSH to order as I panic...what the hell can I eat here???  Then I see it...Mixed Grill - its the same thing, so I order that - chicken only...crisis averted.

HSSH orders pepperoni pizza.  Ahem, excuse me HSSH...that looks delicious...can I steal a few bites?

Sweet mother of mercy that pizza was good.  I would boxed myself in with the menus in order not to stare at that pizza but then I thought that would be rude....to be fair I hadn't had anything to eat but ten fritos and some salsa - I am bad about eating when I travel.  So I had plenty of points to spare...I went for a breadstick...that is 3 points per breadstick people...I had two.  They were FAB-U-LOUS.


A side note...don't go foolin yourself thinkin you are all good and holy and go eatin the salad at the Olive Garden.  That delicious dressing?  It has 23 grams of fat for every thigh-widening serving.  Don't even let 'em put that bowl on your table. Just say no.  Or get the salad UNDRESSED and squeeze some lemons on it - you get the nutrients without the cottage cheese that is sure to crop up on your thighs later. 

(I know right - and all this time you though that salad was a healthy choice - thanks a LOAD Olive Garden.)

So...HSSH decides we will get up at 7 (that is AM people) on SATURDAY to go for a walk/jog...Um, hello, not a morning person.  I get up at 8 on the weekdays.  Well we walk/jog the gravel road and back - .7 miles each way...two round trips.  Then we go have MIGAS.

(Out migas does not have cheese - or those potatoe things...and the tortillas...I'll take a photo next time)
(Can't you just smell them?)


MIGAS is the lover of my soul.  There is a dive in Victoria called El Rodeo.  It makes me happy.  Blissfully happy.  A trip home is not complete without the Migas...For all you folks who don't know what Migas is...

its scrambled eggs, with crispy bacon mixed in, with jalpaneos, onions, tomatoes and corn tortilla pieces...as if that isn't fattening enough you put it in a scratch made, BURNING hot flour tortilla and douse it in your pick of salsa...its 15 points for half a plate.

AND WORTH EVERY DARN POINT I TELL YOU! 

HSSH and I met my mom, my nana, her husband and HSSH's little sis and boyfriend came along.  It was a family affair I tell you.  Well HSSH had to get another taco cause half a plate of Migas wouldn't do it for him.  If you ask him I ate over my fair share of half the Migas - but he lies.  Don't go believing him.  Then little sister gave me half a tortilla and a little Migas..I must have looked hungry still.  Then me and little sister's boyfriend nearly staged a revoloution when the waitress took our bottle of green sauce, WITHOUT ASKING...and gave it to someone else.  Them's fighting actions.  We made it outta there unscathed and I was on target.

Then we went a bought a TV for HSSH's mom for her birthday.  And I wanted to buy her a cake. 

Onward to temptation island...a.k.a. Halepaska's bakery.  Now if you recall I didn't cheat on my birthday. I did not, I swear. There are witnessess.  Anways...this bakery has white cupcakes with chocolate icing and one side of the icing is smashed in those tiny, round, crunchy, colorful sprinkles and they come with some sort of plastic ring or do-dad in the middle.  I am pretty sure these cupcakes are my first memory of childhood.  They have been around forever and I have never found a better cupcake...not even at Sprinkles...

BLISS


Um...HSSH...since we worked out and all...do you think I could have a cupcake?  Um, please?  (Remember, I have to ask permission from someone these days)...HSSH gave me a REALLY hard time...and then I pouted.  And he laughed - 'cause he was jokin and all.  I got the cupcake.  And I ate it. 

And God said, "It was good."

It was amazing, it made my soul soar.  See you can buy happiness. 

So homeward bound we were - I didn't want any of the cake we bought - white icing and pineapple filling - YUCK.

So we tooled around in the pond with the aluminium boat and motor - then I used the oar...see activity points.  Then we swam...and then we snacked.  CRAPOLA.  Just because you eat more veggies that chips with your spinach dip doesnt mean that negates the calories of the spinach dip. 



Then someone gave me a daquri - was it HSSH mom or dad?  It was both...Two daquris - aw crap...5 points a piece...I am doomed for this day.


I actually ate a healthy dinner - salad, a tiny baked potatoe, a small piece of sausage and the steak that HSSH rationed me...but then...be still my beating heart...homeade wine??  Three glassed later.

That day I got a frowny face in my tracking book.  Whoops...

Sunday - breakfast goes well - I track it :)  Then we visit my grandparents - I have a friend chicken leg...two points...still good. 



We go home and wash and wax two vehicles - hello activity points thanks for erasing my chicken leg and bacon at breakfast...then HSSH makes me a steak sandwhich...1 piece of garlic french bread, 3 little pieces of steak and pickapeppa sauce...so good!
Then we swam some more - yea activity points!!! 

And then I had to go back to College Station...hello Subway, my wagon loving lover - delicious.

Monday went great too - 10 mile elliptical run, tiny Subway kids meal for lunch and a bowl of 8 point tortialla soup from On the Border...YUMMY!   


No comments: