Wednesday, September 9, 2009

The Labor of the Labor Day Weekend

Oh this weekend was bliss.

HSSH called me on the way home Friday and said "we can't have Migas in the morning, we are going to my nephews football games in Cuero."

Um, HSSH I don't love you any more.  Just kidding.  Probably. 

I was soooo good on Friday night...didn't eat lunch cause I was on the road - had a small grilled chicken breast for dinner with tons of roasted squash and carrots...well and some cheesy bowtie pasta.  Sue me.  Its that darn Velveeta again.  But a totally succssful weekend day!  And I walked up and down the road = activity points for me! 



Saturday - there is a DIVE gas station in Cureo, Texas (its the Get N Go by the courthouse.  They make the world's most insane breakfast tacos.  I mean these MIGHT be better than migas.  I love the carne guisada and the combo.  I get the CG and HSSH and I split a combo for like a million trillion, eleventy billion calories.  But NO, I went to Valero and got a fruit cup and poor HSSH got a subpar breakfast taco.  I love you HSSH for not tempting me with the devil's tacos.  Good man.



Then we watched the little ones play football - a hoot and a half I tell you...Then subway for lunch!  Healthy AGAIN!  Oh so on track...then onto float in the river....and I may or may not have downed an entire bottle of Yellowtail Pino Grigio.  Whoops.  And I most likley pee'd in the river.  A lot.



And I may have been tipsy at dinner.  And I may have eaten A TON of fajita steak.  But I only had 2 tortillas and I only topped them with HOMEADE pico de gallo - lover of my soul.  YUMMY...But if all I gorged on was lean protien, well give me a break.  Oh yeah..the wine....14 pts...my bad.

Sunday morning we went and had migas.  And I had a whole plate to myself.  Bite me.  I took a nap when we got home and got up at 9 - walked and jogged the road and tossed the football with HSSH littlest nephew.  Then I halued a 200 ft hose around for a few hours helping to build fence.  Activity points...I also threw those little newphews all over in the pool for about an hour...lots of activity today...skipped lunch and for dinner I had ham, black-eyed peas and a stick of cornbread...pretty darn healthy dinner. Oh happy day!





Monday was Labor day - and I visited the grandparents and had a few homeade tea cakes to top of 2 pieces of whole wheat toast with Meyhaw Jelly and 1/2 of oatmeal. 



For lunch it was miso soup and a lobster roll at a sushi place with my mom.  Then I lounged in the pool, afterwhich I bulit and repaired fence for several hours...



And that's when HSSH's mom decided it was time to eat at La Hacienda for dinner.  Um...well I couldn't resist the chips and green sauce, or the frozen marg...but um, hey I ate grilled shrimp tacos with corn tortillas....yeah I know its a stretch - what with the beans and rice.  Oh well.  Happy Labor Day!! 

Then I got up at 6 am the next morning and hightailed it back to College Station for work at 9am.  The day's sustiance consisted of a HUGE pomegrante smoothie from Jamba Juice, to soothe my raw and swollen tonsils...YUCK...and a subway sammich!

Hope you all had a happy holiday! 

No comments: